JOB DESCRIPTION: Dakota College at Bottineau (DCB) is seeking applicants for the Director for Academic Affairs position. This position works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. This position promotes continued innovation, provides leadership to support faculty, and assists in development of quality academic programs. This position is responsible for managing a broad range of activities in support of strategic planning, accreditation, scholarly activity, academic support, and faculty development.
Some of these duties essential to this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership and support to faculty by leading a faculty mentoring program, onboarding and orientation for new faculty, assisting with hiring and retention of faculty, and developing and supporting innovative academic opportunities.
- Provides leadership to CTE Program Managers and support to Department Chairs by coordinating efforts with syllabi review and student evaluations, assisting with adjunct faculty observations, assisting with professional development improvement initiatives, and meeting with CTE program managers on a regular basis.
- Assists with curriculum and program development by reviewing reports and analyzing data, assisting with program reviews, expanding the unified approach of quality for online courses, analyzing program effectiveness and student learning outcome assessments.
- Assists with institutional and specialized accreditation processes by chairing the Faculty Qualifications Committee, conducting ongoing reviews of faculty credentials, collaborating with program directors to support specialized accreditations, and leading the professional licensure reporting requirements effort for CTE programs. POSITION LOCATION: Dakota College at Bottineau, Bottineau, ND
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in administration, management, education, or closely related field.
- Two years of management or administrative experience.
- Two years of teaching experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in administration, management,
leadership, education, or closely related field. Experience working in higher education in administration or faculty role. Five years of management or administrative experience. Five years of teaching experience. Accreditation experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
SALARY: $50,000-$55,000, depending on experience. Fully paid family health insurance, basic life insurance, annual leave, sick leave, retirement, employee tuition waiver, and more.
CLOSING DATE: Screening of applicants will begin Friday, January 6, 2023, and continue until a qualified candidate is hired.
DATE AVAIALBLE: February 1, 2023
APPLICATION PROCESURE: Submit resume, college transcripts, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Vonda Berg – Vonda.email@example.com.
Dakota College at Bottineau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and, if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.